Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

I wish I was as tough as....my kid!

Both my daughters, Lauren and Rayanne are proud when I teach them things - but in reality - I'm twice as proud because I learn things FROM them too.

First off, because she's the oldest, LAUREN.


Lauren's a 'rock' - strong, confident, knows where she is going in life, kind, warm, and gentle.

She's always the one to point out a new band to me - she loves hockey and football - and motorcycles.

Wonder where she got that from eh?

I just want to say 'thank you' to Lauren for all her support through what we're going through with her sister because you're always there for Rayanne. Not only are the girls 'sisters' but they're 'best friends' and I know a whole bunch of families who don't share such a tightness.

Love you Lauren!

Then there's RAYANNE:


Rayanne's teaching me 'toughness' with her fight against Graves Disease.

Gawd I cry like a baby just to have my teeth cleaned and here's this kid that hasn't had a normal day in the past two years with 3 surgeries so far - and a few more to go - and the uncertainty of what this stupid disease will do to you as we go along.

Her 'entire' focus is on helping others from her experiences with this - and her blogs are truly inspiring and overwhelming.

There has not been one "poor me" since the day this thing was discovered other than just trying to understand 'why me?' - for what she has had to endure.

Please read and share. The more the 'read count' grows the more it makes Rayanne happy that others my benefit from what she is learning and passing along to others...

www.rayannesthoughts.blogspot.com

Next a 'thank you' to the MANY Doctors that we are dealing with. You people are the most special types of people in the world and I truly respect what you do for us.


Every time I see an athelete whine or complain about 'anything' while making obscene and ridiculous salaries to simply 'play a game' it often makes me reflect on the medical industry and how dedicated you are to 'helping others.'

THANK YOU!

Next the Nurses.

Ditto on the THANK YOU thing.

You're surrounded by sickness and pain for extremely long periods of time....watching people enduring suffering that is almost immeasureable yet you are always there helping others as well.

I can't imagine how you feel when you go home at the end of the day to be with 'your' family!


We've met many of you over the past two years who were extremely helpful in easing Rayanne's pain and helping us understand the magnitude of the sickness.

I know you don't get thanked enough so....

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Rayanne in her last blog also pointed out that 'writing' is her therapy, for which I totally concur. Sometimes it's just too damn hard to put into words 'verbally' what you go through as a parent dealing with sickness and to be able to jot down a few words of thanks truly helps release some of the pent up pressure you feel as you go through the seemingly endless process of just trying to 'get well.'

So to my girls, Lauren and Rayanne, thanks for teaching Dad some of the more important things in life - and I can safely and proudly say about both of my daughters.... it's all wrapped up in one simple little word.

LOVE!


And to ALL of our friends our sincere thanks for your support too.

Through your nice notes - "likes" on Facebook - and emails - it really has helped us continue with the intent of sharing this awful experience so that other families may garner some benefit from what WE have learned with our fight against Graves Disease.

We have very special friends and having your support has also been overwhelming to us from the start.

THANK YOU!




More surgery is scheduled down the road - but with each one the FORBES FAMILY is getting tougher - and 'closer' than you can ever imagine.

2 comments:

  1. I had to read this a few times, as it just puts the biggest smile on my face! Lucky you having such great girls but luck them for having such a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great post. Please give Rayanne a hug from me. I don't know her but she is an incredibly strong and courageous person. Best of luck to all of you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete