Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

All you need is Love...and Facebook

I'm feeling a tad pensive with this writing.

I've lost 'several' good friends over the past few months - some of natural causes - some tragically.

With each passing I feel a deep pain down low in my gut - often disarmed in how I contact my friends family trying to express my most inner thoughts on their loss.

And with each passing I 'count my blessings' that I've had an absolutely wonderful life and I'm so damn happy that I have a bunch of really 'great' people in my life that I call friends.

Although I don't talk often with many of my friends the joy of watching their updates on Facebook is truly 'immense' in my world.

Nothing brings me more happiness than seeing their accomplishments - watching their children (or grandchildren) growing up - knowing at one time in my career I was able to help them get to this point in their lives - or enjoying seeing some of the fun and silly things that they post that are a reflection of their individual sense of humour.

Plus watching the social media support group kick in - from time to time - when you (or I) need help can often be overpowering.

So...thank you.

Although there is a great deal of stupidity on social media at times when you need a 'friend' it doesn't take long for somebody to kick in and help somebody else....which is a big reason why I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram personally - to make sure I know what MY friends are doing and if they ever need MY assistance.

So - if you're reading this you're likely a 'friend' on Facebook or you follow me on Twitter or Instagram - and I just wanted to say a simple THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for enriching my life.


               And if any of you need a definition of what a friend truly is remember this.


A true Friend is somebody who, when you call them from jail asking for bail money, says...
 "how much do you need?"..not "what did you do?


1 comment: