Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Radiowise Inc

Who am I and what am I doing here? I'm a 40 year radio vet - that operates a little consulting company called - ok you allready guessed. Radiowise Inc. With the cutbacks and layoffs prevalent in the industry over the past several years there's a great lack of 'mentoring' out there and this seems to be a role that fits my skills to a tee.

Now - I get to not only work with new - young - upstart companies in small to medium markets - but also with companies that need "media liason."

I do a monthly column for EDMONTONIANS magazine (www.edmontonians.com) and a radio column for Puget Sound Radio (www.pugetsoundradio.com) - but from time to time I just like to vent and spew about the 'rest of life' so that's what you'll find in this little 'blogspot' down the road.

Some of the projects I've completed this past year include all media for the Edmonton Shrine Circus; forming a grassroots advisory committe for the Alberta Research Council; I helped launch a 'great' radio station in Red Deer (Kraze); work with another 'excellent' company in Lethbridge/Medicine Hat (Clear Sky) plus the 'big one' - Astral Media Radio's National Day of Caring for Kids Radiothon (both I and II) - where we'll be raising close to $10 million for Children's Hospitals in Canada on Thursday, April 29th 2010: and I get calls almost weekly from companies in Canada attempting to understand "Social Media" (which has allready exploded in the United States.)

In between 'working' I ride motorcycles in both Alberta and Arizona - spending time in both great areas.

So "just saying hi" - brief introduction with "more to follow."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marty,

    Good to read about Radiowise..

    I found you through some of our mutual contacts in the bzi on Linkedin .. and .. happen to read the odd blog..

    So who in the heck am I??.. hehe.. Glad you asked.. Rice Honeywell's the name, partner in Spinnaker Sound Productions Ltd. a creative audio house producing Jingles, Jingle Packages and spots for agencies and radio reps when the question of getting more traction for their clients comes up. We produce a fair bit of work for the Edmonton market (the recent Edmonton Eskimos season-long radio campaign came from us)
    Anyway, we're always looking for new production projects that make use of our original music and proximity to a great voice pool of "non-radio" voice talent. We're always on the lookout, and are happy to pay a finder's fee to people who generate biz for us.
    I figured that if you ever needed some third-party production of the sort we deliver that I should say a quick Hi.
    Feel free to add me to Linkedin or get in touch via phone or email.
    I'm at rice@spinnakersound.com
    Cheers,
    Rice.

    ReplyDelete